Banana Fritters | Banana Paniyaram | Balehannu Mulka – with detailed description and photos. It is one the many recipes which is not popular in many regions. If I am not wrong Africans and Caribbeans loved it too. But each house has different variation. Some of them have used milk or egg. This recipe of Banana Fritters | Banana Paniyaram | Balehannu Mulka I am not using neither milk nor eggs. Even then the taste is just yummy.
Banana Fritters is one of the unique recipe which I wanted to post from many days and time has arrived.the main ingredient is Banana and wheat flour (some people use rice flour also but I haven’t tried yet). If you are a sweet tooth person you will love it.
Ever since I remember my childhood, I loved to have Banana fritters (which is sweet in taste) and never got bored of it. Even I love those fritters made from Jack fruit pulp. This time mom had bought those Jack fruit fritters, that we finished in one day. After some days I thought of preparing Banana fritters.
Banana Fritters | Banana Paniyaram | Balehannu Mulka – the dough is prepared by using smashed Banana, Wheat flour, jaggery (you can use sugar also). Mix everything, little thicker than dosa batter consistency. Then fry in hot oil until brown in colour. This snack recipe is crispy on outside and soft inside. Just enjoy with ghee, it tastes just awesome.
You may would like to check some authentic recipes in my blog,
Also If you are interested check my Breakfast Recipe Collection here.
RECIPE CARD FOR THE BANANA FRITTERS | BANANA PANIYARAM
Banana Fritters | Banana Paniyaram | Balehannu Mulka
- 2 Ripened Banana big size Smashed
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Jaggery
- Salt small pinch
- 1/4 tsp Elaichi powder / Cardamom powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Peel off the well ripened Banana and mash it well.
- After mashing the banana, add the Jaggery mix well.
- Then add wheat flour, cardamom powder, and a pinch of salt and mix.
- You can add water to adjust the consistency. (just a little thicker than Dosa batter consistency)
- After mixing the dough I left it for almost 2 to 3 hours. Also I haven't used any baking soda here.
- Heat the oil and start dropping big spoonful of mixture in hand.
- Fry them till they turn brown in colour. also fry them in batches.
- Serve Banana Fritters hot along with Ghee.
Tips & Variations:
- Heat the oil well otherwise the fritters will absorb lot of oil and they become soggy.
- Use well ripened Banana.
- If you add Baking soda then the fritters will be fluffy and crispy. (I have kept the dough for 3 hours after mixing, so I haven’t added soda here)
- You can also try adding rice flour instead of wheat flour.
- You can add more jaggery if you more sweeter Fritters.