Neer dosa is a variety of dosa made from thin runny rice batter. It’s a famous delicacy in Karnataka cuisine. ‘Neer’ means ‘water’ in kannada. More water is added to the batter not like the usual dosa batter. That’s how the name came like Neer dosa.
Neer dosas are easy and batter doesn’t need fermentation. You just need to soak the rice overnight and grind it along with water. The batter should be thin or runny. These neer dosas are so light and you can have 5 to 6 easily at one time. You can serve neer dosas with Eggplant chutney or brinjal chutney, coconut chutney, pudina chutney or veg kurma.
Also you can try the Mangalore buns or banana pooris recipe for Breakfast.
RECIPE CARD FOR NEER DOSA RECIPE:
Neer Dosa/ Breakfast recipe/ Karnataka special recipe
- 1 cup Rice soaked for 3-4 hours
- Salt as required
- 1.5-2 cups Water add as required to make batter thin and runny
- 1 tablespoon Oil for making dosa
- Soak the rice for at-least 3-4 hours. Once the rice is soft after soaking you grind it adding water.
- Dilute the batter, it should be runny or thin.
- Add required salt and mix properly.
- Take cast iron pan or non stick pan, switch on the flame.
- Drizzle little oil and spread it using spoon or cotton kitchen napkin.
- Stir the batter and take ladle full of batter.
- Put the batter into the pan such that it should cover the whole pan.
- Once it is cooked edges starts lifting, Fold it to half and the fold it to get the triangle shape.
- Then remove the dosa from pan.
- Serve the hot neer dosa with coconut chutney or pudina chutney or veg kurma.