Eggplant Chutney | Brinjal Chutney recipe with step by step photo. Brinjal chutney or Eggplant chutney is obviously an innovative variation in Eggplant recipes. I personally like this chutney very much. This recipe I learnt from my mom, she does it very nicely.
Brinjal chutney can be served along with all type of dosa’s, Idli, or even with the chapathi, roti it goes very well with most of the dishes. Whenever my mom prepares Neer dosa I compel her to prepare this brinjal chutney as a combo.
This is one of the recipe made out of egg plant, and liked by those who hate egg plant as a vegetable. It will be too tasty if served with Neer dosa, or any kind of dosa’s, idli.
There are many types of brinjal or eggplant is available in the market now a days. You can use any type of brinjal to make this chutney, Taste doesn’t vary much.
Eggplant Chutney | Brinjal Chutney can be prepared by using Green brinjal or Purple brinjal. This chutney is prepared from grinding the boiled brinjal along with green chilli, grated coconut and onion. This chutney tastes good if it is little spicy. You can vary the amount of spice based on the addition of green chilli.
Further, you may would like to check out my other recipes like
Here I have given the recipe of Eggplant Chutney | Brinjal Chutney with detailed description and step by step photos. You guys just try this, and you will love it. Then why waiting, try it today.
Latest Video on Cilantro Chutney:
RECIPE CARD FOR EGGPLANT CHUTNEY | BRINJAL CHUTNEY RECIPE:
Eggplant Chutney | Brinjal Chutney
- 3-4 Brinjal (Eggplant) If it is small
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Green chilli depends on the spiciness
- 3-4 TBSP Coconut grated
- Salt as required
- Water for boiling and grinding
- Wash the Brinjal or eggplant well. And cut into large pieces.
- Add water and green chilli, boil till it becomes soft.
- Once the brinjal becomes soft, switch off the flame. If the water is extra then reserve it you can use it while grinding.
- Let it become cool for 5 minutes, then grind in blender along with grated coconut and chopped onions. Reserve little chopped onions you can add to the chutney before serving.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Mix with chopped onion and serve along with hot dosa's or Idli.
EGGPLANT CHUTNEY | BRINJAL CHUTNEY WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS:Wash the Brinjal or eggplant well.
Tips & Variation
- You can use Green brinjal or Purple brinjal depending on the availability.
- Use the fresh brinjal if possible.
- You can vary the spice based on your taste.
- You can put the tempering to it for enhancing the taste.