Carrot Radish fry | Carrot Mulangi palya recipe with datailed description. One of the simple, dry side dish made up of combining carrot and radish. More over it is a very healthy dish and let me tell you, just try this you will love the recipe.
Carrot and radish are root vegetables, though radish is not used as much as carrot is used in day to day cooking. I have got you a recipe in which you use radish. Before going to the recipe (Carrot-Radish fry) I have got you covered the benefits of these two veggies.
Carrot is most commonly eaten around the globe including salads, soups. Carrot has many medicinal benefits along with its delicious taste. Most of the benefits attributed to their beta-carotene and fiber content. Also rich in Vitamins, Folate and iron content. Which improves eyesight, helps in digestion, boosts immunity, lowers blood pressure and many more.
Though radish is not much used, you should know the benefits of it to use from now on-wards at-least. Radish is a root veggie with pungent smell, difficult to eat it raw. But it has a many benefits as a prevention or treatment of certain ailments. Which heals the symptoms of piles, improves cardiovascular system, treats respiratory disorders and urinary disorders.
So here I have a recipe to use radish. Let’s start with the recipe.
RECIPE CARD FOR CARROT-RADISH FRY:
Carrot-Radish fry/ Carrot-Mulangi palya
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 Radish grated
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 tablespoon Coconut grated
- 1 Green chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry mango Powder
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- Salt as required
- Wash the vegetables and remove the peels. Grate the carrot, radish and coconut. Keep the onion and green chilli chopped.
- Heat the oil in kadai or pan, Put mustard seeds, curry leaves and saute well.
- Add grated carrot, radish & chopped onion, saute well. If the veggies looks so dry then you can sprinkle little water.
- Add dry mango powder and turmeric powder, also add salt to taste.
- Saute well so that all the powders gets mixed properly. Then cover the pan with lid so that veggies will get cooked properly.
- Once it is cooked sprinkle the grated coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame and cover with lid.