Potato Carrot Fry South Indian Style | Potato Carrot fry- with detailed description and photos. It is one of the easiest side dish one can prepare to go along with any rice, sambar.
Nowadays my little one is liking more veggies and more variety of veggies. So it is my pleasure to prepare different variety every single day. I have seen many people worrying about their kid won’t eat veggies or fruits. Thankfully it is not the case with me as of now. My son eats more veggies than the amount of rice. 🙂
Chop Potato and Carrot, grate the coconut. Your work is half done. I have not used any onion or garlic here. Just fry the veggies in little of oil and add masala and grated coconut. at the end garnish with coriander leaves. Delicious Potato Carrot fry is ready.
You can serve this as a side dish along with bisibelebath, rice sambar, rice rasam, or any variety rices like coconut rice, Lemon rice, Tomato rice, Puliyogare. With each and every rice is well accompanied with this. You can even have it along with roti’s and chapati’s. Potato Carrot Fry South Indian Style | Potato Carrot fry is made very easily within 20 minutes. though it is easy to prepare also delicious to eat. Actually we Indians (mostly South Indians) always have Potato, carrot and coconut available at home. If you have it then why waiting try it and tell me how’s the recipe.
You may be interested in checking out these recipes too.
RECIPE CARD FOR POTATO CARROT FRY SOUTH INDIAN STYLE:
Potato Carrot Fry South Indian Style | Potato Carrot fry
- 3 medium sized Potato Peeled and chopped
- 1 Carrot Peeled and chopped
- 1 Green chilli slit
- 7-8 Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- Asafoetida generous pinch
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut Grated
- 1/4 tsp Kasuri methi dry optional
- Water as required
- Wash all the veggies and peel. Then chop it into smaller dices or lengthwise. grate the coconut and keep all the ingredients ready.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil on a pan. Add mustard seeds, jeera, green chilli, curry leaves, turmeric powder.
- Then add chopped potato and carrot. let it get well coated in oil. they fry for a minute.
- Add salt and mix well.
- After that add half glass water and cover it with a lid. let it cook for 5 minutes. Then check if it is not soft, you can add some more water and cook.
- Once the potato and carrots are soft, add grated coconut and copped coriander leaves. Also add little of dry kauri methi and mix well.
- Potato Carrot fry is ready to serve.
Tips & Variation:
- You can also add green peas or Beans to this fry. Which gives slightly different flavour.
- Instead of Dry kauri methi, you can try adding garam masala.
- If you want little spicy then consider adding red chilli powder or extra green chilli. As I was preparing it for my little one so I prepared without much spice.
Note: This post is very special for me because, this is the first post I’m writing after I got DSLR. 🙂