This is one of the widely followed Indian veg recipe. Bhindi fry or Bhindi masala…! Yes… it is all time favourite in our home.
Bhindi also known as okra or lady finger is cooked in different ways in India, depending on the taste. Here I am going to give you the Bhindi masala recipe which is dry in texture. It’s a very easy to make and it will go as a side dish with almost all main courses.
This Bhindi masala is best served with soft phulkas or chapathi or naan. And also go well as a side dish with rice.
RECIPE CARD FOR BHINDI MASALA RECIPE:
Bhindi Masala/Bhindi fry/side dish recipe...
- 250 gm Bhindi (Okra) chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed or pasted
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry mango Powder
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- Salt as required
- Coriander leaves to garnish
Shallow fry Potato(finely chopped) along with Bhindi, which gives another taste(Aloo Bhindi masala).
- Wash Bhindi in running water and dry them with cloth.If they are not dried then they will be sticky while cutting.
- Remove the head and tail of it, and cut it round or lengthwise.
- Also chop Onion, tomato and garlic (make a paste) keep aside.
- Heat the oil in kadai or pan, Add garlic paste and saute well, add bhindi and saute till they are completely cooked. You have to stir in between.
- Once the bhindi is almost cooked put the chopped onion, tomato and saute well.
- Add all the dry spice powders one by one. Also add salt to taste.
- Saute well so that all the powders gets mixed properly.
- Serve the bhindi masala hot after garnishing with some coriander leaves.
This would be great to have with roti’s, phulka’s...