Palak Paratha | Spinach Paratha recipe with step by step photos. Nutritious and yummy Indian flat bread called Palak Paratha is prepared using Palak (Spinach), wheat flour and other Indian spices. Preparing this delicious flat bread recipe is an extremely easy task compare to other Paratha recipe like Aloo Paratha because no stuffing, no mess, just a simple and healthy recipe.
Palak Paratha | Spinach Paratha recipe is one of the Paratha or flat bread I personally like to prepare because Palak (Spinach) has various health benefits due to the rich source of mineals, vitamins, pigments and phytonutrients.
Palak Paratha is an excellent variation of Paratha in which you can add some healthy green leafy vegetable. Spinach can be eaten raw as a part of many salads, and it can be cooked or can be prepared as a gravy like palak paneer, aloo palak, which can be served along with Indian flat breads.
Palak Paratha is one of the recipes prepared using Spinach or Palak leaves. Also Palak can be added in many soups, stews and casseroles. Palak Parathas are good for lunch boxes also for one day travel because they don’t get spoiled very soon.
You can serve Palak Parathas along with lemon or mango pickle, or curd, raita or butter.
I would like to highlight my some other recipes here:
RECIPE CARD FOR PALAK PARATHA RECIPE:
Palak Paratha | Spinach Paratha | How to make Palak Paratha recipe
Palak Paratha | Spinach Paratha recipe with step by step photos. Nutritious and yummy Indian flat bread called Palak Paratha is prepared using Palak (Spinach), wheat flour and other Indian spices.
For Palak Puree
- 1 bunch Palak leaves/ Spinach
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- 2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Wheat flour for dusting
- 1 tsp White sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt as required
- Water if required extra for kneading the dough
- 2 tbsp Oil or Ghee for roasting
Making Palak puree for Palak Paratha:
1. Rinse the Palak/Spinach in water and drain them.
2. Chop them into larger pieces, Also peel the garlic.
3. Add chopped palak, garlic and required water to the blender to make puree.
Making the Palak Paratha:
1. In a large bowl mix the Wheat flour, salt, white sesame seeds, red chilli powder.
2. Add palak puree and knead the dough soft like chapathi dough consistency.
3. If required you add extra water.
4. Take large lemon sized dough and give a round shape.
5. Dust with some wheat flour and make it little flatten by using hand.
6. Then roll it like chapati.
7. On a hot tawa place the paratha. Apply little oil or ghee on both sides and cook well on both sides.
8. Serve Palak Paratha along with Curd, butter or pickle.
Palak Paratha recipe with step by step photos:
Rinse the Palak/Spinach in water and drain them. Chop them into larger pieces, Also peel the garlic.
Add chopped palak, garlic and required water to the blender to make puree. Put the pureed Palak into the wheat flour for preparing the dough.
Add required salt, red chilli powder, white sesame seeds and knead the dough for palak paratha same as the chapati consistency. Kneading the dough requires extra water means you can put it.
Prepare the lemon sized balls from the kneaded dough. Roll like chapati using the wheat flour for dusting.
Roast on the tawa on both sides.
Serve Palak Paratha along with pickle or butter or curd.
Tips & Variations:
Instead of making puree of Palak, you can also finely chop and add to the dough.
Add the green chilli if you want spicy palak parathas.
You can also add finely chopped onion for the variation of taste.
You can skip garlic if you don’t want to add.