Green peas and mint pulao is a popular and well known dish in Indian cuisines.
Mint (Pudina leaves) a fragrant herb has many health benefits. Mint helps in digestion, fatigue, treatment of asthama, releif from nausea. Mint is also used in mouth freshners or breath freshners. After knowing the benefits of mint, let us know the benefits of Green peas too.
Green peas come from a family of plants based on herbs, these are low in calories in comparison with the beans. Which contains healthy amount of fiber and vitamin B, and also a rich source of minerals such as calcium, iron, copper, zinc and manganese.
Now let’s head to know the recipe…
RECIPE CARD FOR GREEN PEAS AND MINT PULAO RECIPE:
How to make Green peas and Mint pulao
For making the mint paste
- 1 cup Mint leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 Green chillies
- little Water for grinding
For Green peas-Mint pulao
- 200 gm Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup Green peas soaked overnight
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Carrot
- 1 Onion medium sized
- 1 Tomato medium sized
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeera powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- 2 cups Water
- Salt as required
- Rinse the rice till you get clear water. Soak the rice for 10 minutes. Later drain the rice and keep aside.
- While the rice is getting soaked you can prepare the mint paste.
- Wash all the vegetables and chop it the way you like it.
- Put Mint leaves, Coriander leaves, Ginger, Garlic, Green chillies, and little water in a mixi jar. Make a smooth paste.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of oil in pressure cooker.
- Add the spices one by one and saute well. Add mint paste you prepared, saute well for sometime.
- Add chopped onion, carrot, tomato, green peas and saute well.
- Once the vegetables are mixed properly then drain the water and add rice to it.
- Mix well and 2 cups of water and salt, stir well
- Cover the pressure cooker with the lid. Cook until the rice grains are cooked for properly (generally 2 to 3 whistles).Once the pressure settles down on its own, open the lid and gently mix it.
- Serve the hot pulao with raita or with pain curd.