Tendli ki sabzi or Tindora Fry is a delicious recipe which is made by stir frying thin sliced Tendli in oil and coated with spices. It will be little sweet in taste.
Tindora or Tendli is a vegetable which is popularly known as Kunduri in Bengali, Kunduli in Assam, Kovakkai in Tamilnadu, Todekayi in Karnataka. In India, it is eaten as a curry, by deep-frying it along with spices, stuffing it with masala and sauteing it, or boiling it first in a pressure cooker and then frying it. It is also used in sambar, a vegetable and lentil-based soup.
Tendli is commonly eaten in India and it is rich in fibre, Beta kerotene and other micronutrients. It also has many medicinal benefits. The roots are used to treat osteoarthritis and joint pain. A paste made of leaves is applied to the skin to treat scabies.
Tendli ki sabzi can be prepared in many ways. Also by combining other vegetables along with Tendli. If you are looking for more side dish or sabzi recipes then check out
Tendli ki sabzi or Tindora fry recipe Video:
Tendli ki sabzi (Tindora Fry or Ivy gourd Fry)
- 250 gm Tendli (Tindora) Thinly sliced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Green chilli chopped
- 2 TBSP Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Dhania powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt as required
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 200 ml Water
- Wash the Tendli thoroughly and chop off both the ends.
- Thinly slice the tendli lengthwise.
- Chop the onion and green chilli.
- So the cutting part is done. Let's start with the cooking part.
- Take a pan and heat 2 TBSP oil, once heated add mustard seeds.
- when the mustard seeds start spluttering add chopped green chilli and onion.
- saute well till the onions get translucent, then add sliced tendli to it.
- Mix well, all the tendli should get coated in oil.
- Add all the spice powder (mentioned in ingredients). salt and sugar.
- Add water and stir properly.
- Close the pan with the lid until tendli is cooked properly, saute in between.
- Switch off the flame once the tendli is cooked properly.
- Serve the hot Tendli ki sabzi with rice combo or with chapati.
I tried this tendli ki sabzi and it was easy to make.
Pallavi Bhat says
Thank you so much 🙂