Mint Paratha | Pudina Paratha recipe – with step by step photos along with detailed description. Pudina paratha – layered, mint flavoured Indian flat bread made of wheat flour. Pudina or mint paratha one of the heathy recipe again, many people use dry crushed mint leaves but I love to add chopped fresh mint leaves as it gives extra flavour.
Mint paratha is prepared very easily when you have mint leaves available at your home. These can be a good lunch box recipe too.Though the process of looks lengthy but if you are used to preparing paratha’s then its easy. As parathas doesn’t require a side to be prepared. Paratha’s are best served with mango pickle, butter or curd or cucumber tomato raita.
I have added finely chopped garlic while mixing the dough. Also the amount of mint leaves you add can be adjusted based on your taste. Mint leaves are used in Indian cooking as it gives strong smell and perfect for preparing chutney recipes. you can try preparing Mint chutney for Dosa or Idli.
When you have kids at home, they need variety of foods or different taste of foods. That time Mint paratha is one good option for you. Also it is a healthy recipe and you can make your kids eat mint leaves indirectly.
Mint Paratha | Pudina Paratha – is best served with butter and mango pickle.
You may would like to check out many other recipes in my blog :
RECIPE CARD FOR MINT PARATHA | PUDINA PARATHA
Mint Paratha | Pudina Paratha recipe
Mint Paratha | Pudina Paratha recipe - with step by step photos along with detailed description. Pudina paratha - layered, mint flavoured Indian flat bread made of wheat flour.
- 2 cup Wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Mint leaves chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 1/2 tsp White sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp Dry mango powder
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup Wheat flour for rolling
- 2 tbsp Oil for roasting
- Green chilli optional
- Wash the Mint leaves, remove the leaves from stem and chop the Mint leaves finely. Also add finely chopped garlic.
- Add 2 cups of wheat flour.
- Add turmeric powder, dry mango powder, garam masala powder, white sesame seeds, jeera powder and salt to taste.
- Mix the dough by adding little little water. If you want you can add 1 tsp of oil while mixing.
- Make big lemon sized balls from the dough and roll it like chapati by dusting wheat flour.
- Once the you make the round shape, fold it into half and again fold it into half. so the it will look like triangle shape. (so that it will have layers)
- Then again roll to make it little thin and roast on both sides on tawa.
- If you want you can add little oil while roasting.
- Serve mint paratha | pudina paratha hot with pickle, butter or raita.
Tips & Variation:
- Preparing triangle shaped, layered paratha is optional.
- Adding the chopped garlic also as per your taste.
- Also if you want the paratha to be more spice then consider adding green chilli or red chilli powder.