Tomato onion cucumber raita is very easy and delicious dish made out of the vegetables which will be always stocked at your home most of the times. Raita is the main thing to prepare when we prepare any dishes like pulao or paratha.
You can even exclude the cucumber out of it and prepare only the tomato onion raita. But the cucumber gives a special taste to it. And cucumber also reduce the heat from the body means it act as a coolant.
Whenever I prepare Vegetable pulao or Mint pulao, I make sure that there is possibility of preparing raita. Usually pulao, biryani, paratha’s are served along with raita. Also raita tastes good with dosa, roti’s.
I have posted the rice recipes which goes well with raita and you can try making raita along with the raita.
I haven’t used green chilli in this raita because the vegetable pulao or the biryani whatever we eat would be spicy, so the raita is served to neutralise the spice. If you like you can add finely chopped green chilli too. But I don’t use it.
Finely chop the onion and tomato, grate the cucumber so that all the vegetables will be well mixed with yogurt/curd. Coriander leaves is optional. If it’s available at home then good otherwise also the raita tastes good.
Tomato onion cucumber raita
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Cucumber grated
- 1.5 cup Curd/yogurt
- Water if required
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves optional
- Green chilli optional
- You can add little salt to the raita otherwise you may feel too salty while having along with rice or biryani.
- Wash the vegetables and chop the onion and tomato.
- Grate the cucumber.
- Whisk the curd and add salt to taste.
- Add all the chopped vegetables to the whisked curd/ yogurt.
- Mix well and garnish with the coriander leaves( optional ) I haven't put it.
- Raita is ready to serve along with pulao, biryani or paratha.
Leave a Reply