Vegetable Pulao is a simple rice recipe, can be prepared by combination of vegetables and spices. Here I’m sharing the recipe of vegetable pulao which is very easy and quick dish when you don’t have time to prepare many dishes.
I usually prepare veg pulao in pressure cooker itself, as it is time consistent. I learnt it from my mom, during college days. She prepares so well and i really loved it. She uses beans, potato, carrot, green peas, onion, and tendli (tindora). You can always try your choice and combination of vegetables.
Vegetable Pulao is good for packing lunch box, and it’s a good way to eat variety of vegetables. Kids who doesn’t eat veggies it’s great way to feed them, they will like it too.
Cooking veg pulao in the pressure cooker takes lesser time and it will be tasty also. You have to use long grain rice to prepare pulao or biryani kind of dishes. Otherwise all things will be mushy. After adding the rice, stir well so that rice grains are well mixed with vegetables, also well coated in the oil.
The proportion of water added will be depending on the type of rice, some rice needs double the water, some need 1.5 times. You will be knowing the water requirement for the rice you are using.
Here I have got you the recipe of Vegetable Pulao with the step by step photos. If you are looking for more rice recipes then do check Green peas-Mint Pulao
Lastly, you can serve this veg pulao with cucumber-onion raita or Tomato onion-cucumber raita.
Paneer Pulao | Paneer Rice video
RECIPE CARD FOR VEGETABLE PULAO RECIPE:
Vegetable Pulao Recipe, How to make Vegetable Pulao
- 2 Potato medium sized chopped
- 1 Onion medium sized chopped
- 6-7 Tendli (Tindora) chopped
- 2 Carrot medium sized chopped
- 1/4 cup Sweet Corn
- 1 TBSP Coriander leaves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 5 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1.5 tsp Pulao powder
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 TBSP Oil
- 2 Green chilli
- 6-7 cloves Ginger chopped
- 1 inch garlic chopped
- 2 cup Water
- Salt as required
- Tamarind soaked in water(small lemon sized)
- If you want the pulao to be soft then add little extra water and also pressure cook one or two whistles extra.
Soaking the Rice:
- Rinse the Rice (Sonamasoori or Basmati) till you get the clear water.
- Soak the rice in water and keep aside.
- After 15 minutes drain the water and keep.
Preparing the Vegetable Pulao in pressure cooker:
- Keep all the vegetables chopped.
- Make paste of ginger-garlic and green chilli using a mixi or mortar pestle.
- Heat the oil in pressure cooker and add chopped onions.
- Saute well till it gets little golden color.
- Then add Ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw aroma of the paste. Also add tamarind paste.
- Add all the spices and vegetables of your choice and mix well.
- Add the soaked rice and saute well such that all the veggies mixed with the rice. Also rice is well coated in the oil.
- Then add required salt and water, stir well.
- Cover the lid of the pressure cooker and pressure cook up to 2-3 whistles.
- When the pressure settles down on its own, remove the lid and gently mix well once so that all the vegetables are properly mixed.
- Serve the hot vegetable pulao with raita.
Leave a Reply