Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup | Cream of Cauliflower Soup – with step by step photos, description and video of the recipe is here. Here is a delicious SOUP recipe using Cauliflower and Broccoli. Creamy cheesy, delicious soup is easy to make and it’s filling too.
As the season is changing from summer to rainy, weather is becoming cool day by day. Obviously this chill weather calls for a some hot soup or something to make ourself warm. So here is a delicious soup recipe using very minimum ingredients. Moreover it is healthy, tasty, filling, warm and anybody can have it. Because the ingredients like Broccoli and Cauliflower, cheese are low on carb. So this soup is a good choice if you are on KETO diet. You can even skip adding maida although I used in very small amount.
Furthermore, this creamy, easy Broccoli Cauliflower soup is prepared at home within few minutes of time. It’s a great dish to prepare for a dinner. So here is a recipe of Indian style broccoli soup or Broccoli cauliflower soup. This is not only looks amazing, its super delicious too. you can also add fresh cream to it. Also personally I like to include broccoli in the dishes like salads, stir fry, fried rice and soups.
This soup can be had as it is or can be mixed with pasta as a sauce. Or simply serve with a pair of toasted buttered bread.
How do you thicken Broccoli Cauliflower soup?
Either you can add Cornstarch or All purpose flour. And instead of water, I have used milk. That gives creamy texture. If you want you can add fresh cream as well.
What is the healthiest way to eat Cauliflower?
Cauliflowers can be added in stir fries, sambar or curries, soups, cauliflowers rice, and many more.
Can Diabetics eat Cauliflower & Broccoli?
YES. Both Cauliflower & Broccoli are low in carbohydrates and low glycemic index. which makes a very good choice for diabetics.
Before going to the recipe I would like to highlight some of the other recipes here.
BROCCOLI & CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE VIDEO:
SUGGESTED WATCH: Healthy Hibiscus Tea | Fresh Hibiscus Herbal Tea for weight loss
RECIPE CARD FOR BROCCOLI & CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE:
Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tsp Butter
- 8-10 Peppercorns
- 1 Bayleaf
- 1 TBSP chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1.5 cup Cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 TBSP Maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Grated cheese optional
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI & CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS:
- In a pan, add 2 tsp of butter. heat it.
- Once the butter is hot, add 8-10 peppercorns.
- Also add 1 Bay leaf.
- Then add 1 TBSP chopped garlic. Sauté it.
- Next add 1/2 cup of chopped onion. Sauté it.
- Once the onion become translucent, add 1.5 cup of cleaned Cauliflower florets.
- Also add 1 cup of cleaned broccoli florets. Sauté them. and remove the bay leaf.
- Then add 1 TBSP of Maida or all purpose flour. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup milk.
- Allow it to boil and stir in between.
- Once it becomes soft, switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool for sometime.
- Once it is cooled, add in a blender jar.
- Blend into a smooth paste. If required you can add little water for blending.
- Add the blended puree in the same pan.
- Next add 1 cup water and wash the residue from the blender jar. Mix well and boil it.
- Add salt to taste.
- Grate some cheese on top. Mix well and boil for a minute.
- Switch off the flame and Transfer to the bowl.
- Ready to serve hot.
TIPS & VARIATION :
- Firstly, adding cheese is purely optional.
- You can use fresh or frozen broccoli and cauliflower for this.
- Adding some fresh cream gives a rich flavour to the dish.
- Make sure broccoli and cauliflowers are well softened before blending.