Vitamin Leaves Tambli | Chakramuni Soppina Tambuli – with step by step photos, description and video of the recipe is here. Vitamin leaves tambli is one of the healthy and tasty tambli which can be prepared in Summer. As the name suggests ‘Vitamin Leaves’ it consists of multi vitamins, low in fat, high in fiber, and rich in protein. Tambuli/Tambli is a curd/buttermilk based curry made by grinding a herb, vegetable or spice with coconut and a handful of spices. Sometimes it is also given a tempering which enhances the flavours.
Vitamin Leaves Tambli is very good for summer and goes well with white rice and pickle. Basically tambli’s are a comforting food during summer as it is served cold along with hot rice. Usually, various type of Tambli’s are prepared in the part of coastal Karnataka and malenadu regions.
What is Tambli?
Tambli is prepared as a side dish to serve along with plain rice. Tambli’s mainly prepared from various herbs and vegetables. Freshly grated coconut is blended along herbs to make smooth paste. and then buttermilk is added. Later seasoning is added to enhance the flavour of the Tambli, using little Oil, Mustard seeds and red chilli.
Moreover, adding buttermilk will help to reduce the summer thirst and keeps our body cool. Even adding the herbs helps aiding the digestion.
Vitamin Leaves Tambli | Chakramuni Soppina Tambuli,
Vitamin leaves are also known as Chakramuni Soppu in Kannada, Pallikarputu in Tamil, and Madhuracheera in Malayalam. Sauropus androgynus is a botanical name of Vitamin leaves, It is one of the most popular leafy vegetables in South Asia.The plant is widely cultivated in several countries in east and southeast Asia as a medicinal plant and as a vegetable. Like the name suggests it is so called because these leaves consists various vitamins, high in fiber, low in fat and rich in protein.
Coming to serving part, you can serve this along with plain rice at the end of the meal. Or if you prepare watery consistency you can simply sip on it, that will be too tasty.
Before going to the recipe, I would like to highlight some of the other recipes here.
Brahmi Tambli | Ondelaga Tambli,
Basale Soppina Tambli | Malabar Spinach Raita,
Beetroot Raita | Beetroot Pachadi,
Ridge Gourd Peel Chutney | Heerekayi Sippe Chutney,
Drumstick Leaves Chutney | Moringa Chutney,
VITAMIN LEAVES TAMBLI | CHAKRAMUNI SOPPINA TAMBULI RECIPE VIDEO:
SUGGESTED WATCH: Curry Leaves Chutney Powder | Karuveppilai Podi
RECIPE CARD FOR VITAMIN LEAVES TAMBLI | CHAKRAMUNI SOPPINA TAMBULI:
Vitamin Leaves Tambli | Chakramuni Soppina Tambuli
- 1/2 cup Grated Coocnut
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 cup Vitamin Leaves
- 1 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Red Chillies
HOW TO MAKE VITAMIN LEAVES TAMBLI | CHAKRAMUNI SOPPINA TAMBLI WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS :
- Take 1 cup of Vitamin leaves and clean it.
- Add 1/2 cup of freshly grated coconut in a mixi jar.
- Add Roasted Vitamin leaves (roast 1 cup of Vitamin Leaves in 1 tsp of oil and 1/2 tsp of Cumin, until the raw aroma disappears).
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Blend it to smooth paste.
- After blending into smooth paste, transfer to a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup water and wash off the residue.
- Add 3/4 cup of Buttermilk to it.
- Also add salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Put the seasoning. ( 1/2 tsp Oil, 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds, and 2 red chillies)
- Mix well and ready to serve along with plain rice.
TIPS & VARIATIONS :
- You can use any other herbs like Malabar Spinach, Brahmi, Mexican Mint, Coriander Leaves, etc instead of Vitamin Leaves.
- Use freshly grated coconut for tambli recipes.
- Make sure you roast the Vitamin leaves well until the raw smell disappears.
- Always serve the Tambli’s fresh.
Leave a Reply