Majjige huli/ Mor kuzhambu is a healthy and tasty recipe based on buttermilk or yogurt curry from South Indian cuisine. Majjige huli in karnataka and Mor Kuzhambu in Tamilnadu, AndhraPradesh. This delicious recipe tastes great with hot steamed rice.
RECIPE CARD FOR MAJJIGE HULI RECIPE:
Majjige Huli/ Mor Kuzhambu/Lady’s finger Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
- 8-9 Lady's Finger (Okra) chopped length-wise
- 1 Onion chopped
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- 1 Red chilli
- 1 generous pinch Asafoetida
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut grated
- 1-2 Green chillies
- 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Jeera
- 1 tablespoon Chana dal
- 1/2 tablespoon Urad dal
- 1/2 tablespoon Coriander seeds
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1-2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 cup Curd
- Salt as required
- Soak chana dal, urad dal, coriander seeds for 10 minutes. Meanwhile wash the vegetables and chop it.
- Take oil in a pan, once it is hot put mustard seeds, curry leaves, lady's finger, onion and saute well. Let it get cooked you can cover with lid, in between you have to saute it.
- Take a mixi jar and put grated coconut, ginger, green chilli, mustard seeds, turmeric and all the soaked items. Put little water and grind it.
- Put the ground mixture to the cooked lady's finger, add 1 cup of water and stir well.
- Add required salt and leave the mixture to boil. Curry should soon begin to thicken.
- Once the curry started boiling then add curd and mix well. turn off the flame after a minute.
- Heat oil in a small sauce pan. Add in the red chilli, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida. Once this mix begins to crackle, add it into the curry.
- Majjige huli is ready to serve with hot steamed rice.