Appe Huli recipe | Raw Mango Appe Huli – One of my favourite recipe prepared from raw mango.
Yes.. It’s mango season now…!! Raw mango is one of the healthiest thing you can try out in the beginning of summer. At every nook and corner you will see mango loaded carts. People also love to eat mango or mango recipes. one of the best dish prepared from raw mango is Appe Huli.
Appe Huli recipe | Raw Mango Appe Huli
Mango can be used to prepare variety of dishes. Every day one dish has to be prepared by mango. As everyone at home likes mango very much. Let us go with the health benefits of raw mango before we look into the recipe. Raw mango consists of many health benefits. Raw mango is the best thing to eat when you want to reduce calories. So it is good for diabetics. On the other hand, they say too much of anything is bad for one’s health. Raw mangoes help in building immune system, prevents scurvy caused by the deficiency of vitamin C, prevents bleeding of gums and tooth decay, good for the liver, treating morning sickness, acidity and many more… Experts say that ‘Raw mango should be consumed after meal to help revive one from afternoon drowsiness’.
Then we have to eat mango in some way which will help in maintaining our health right?. Here is a simple recipe for you all to try at home with minimum ingredients.
I am posting a very popular raw mango recipe called ‘Appe Huli’ is a side dish to be eaten with steamed rice. And is very famous in Malenadu regions of Karnataka. It also tastes great to drink after meal. It is just perfect for the time when you are looking for a change from the same old menu like sambhar, rasam, etc.,
As Malenadu recipes are unique in flavor and delicious as their culture and tradition. Mango Appe Huli is most common in all marriages and function in summer. This dish can be prepared using tamarind as well instead of mango. But the taste couldn’t be matched with the one made from raw mango.
It is a simple recipe with basic ingredients and can be prepared within 30 minutes.
RECIPE CARD FOR APPE HULI RECIPE :
Appe Huli - Raw Mango Recipe
- 1-2 Raw Mango
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Jaggery
- 4-5 cloves garlic (Optional)
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- Salt as required
- 3-4 cups Water
- 1-2 Red chilli Adjust the spice
- Peel the Raw mango and cut it into pieces.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt and boil it until it is well cooked.
- Remove the water and mash the mango pieces to get the pulp.
- Add water to get it to the rasam consistency. You can adjust the water as per your requirement.
- Add salt and jaggery(optional) as per the taste.
- For seasoning: Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, jeera, red chillies, curry leaves, hing (Asafotieda), garlic(optional). Put this into the Mango pulp which was kept aside. Mix it well and Appe Huli is ready to serve with hot steamed rice or as a drink.
- Using garlic would give the different flavor to the dish.